The Chopra CenterAbout the Client: The Chopra Center, founded in 1996 by Deepak Chopra, M.D. and David Simon, M.D., is the premier provider of experiences, education, teacher training and products that improve the health and wellbeing of body, mind and spirit. It provides an integrative approach to total wellbeing through self-awareness, and the practice of yoga, meditation and Ayurveda.
The Challenge: The Chopra Center dealt with several data sources and had a major challenge to find the right data in a central place. It wanted to consolidate several data sources in such a way that the accounting database had the correct data to account for finances and the sales folks had the correct data for distributing leads. It also had a teacher training site (CHOPRA-PSM) that needed to be updated so teachers and students could connect and exchange information seamlessly and the need to create a scalable system that could be rolled out internationally.Solution Technology:
- Web portal: HTML, Ajax
- Back-office: MS SQL Server database
Bytes’ Approach: The Chopra Center teachers provide training on Primordial Sound Meditation (PSM) and needed to communicate and monitor their students easily. The site had to provide the ability for teachers to purchase the PSM mantras in various packages and monitor their student profiles.
From the first meeting through project completion and beyond, Bytes documented the use cases and the overall functionality and set the bar for clear and consistent communication through all phases of the project:
- Requirement Gathering: The Bytes team worked closely with The Chopra Center to establish the project’s business and technical requirements. Core business processes the solution would need to support, platform preferences, and the client’s own in-house skills were all factored into the preparation of the software requirements specification (SRS). The primary idea was to use their existing teacher and student database and provide the teachers with a portal to manage all purchases and monitor their student profiles and their mantras.
- Design: Bytes’ engineers worked with the client to design a user experience on the web that would be sure to meet its business needs. At the same time, Bytes’ architects performed technology feasibility studies to ensure the final design would meet all the requirements outlined in the SRS. Bytes provided a design recommendation that led to the implementation phase of the project upon approval.
- Implementation: Bytes’ experienced technology team worked with The Chopra Center team to implement the solution that involved a web portal with a backend relational database that provided teachers a real-time tool and administrators with the ability to monitor revenue from the mantra purchases. Senior engineers and database programmers worked with the client using an iterative engineering and release model to ensure the solution’s efficiency.
Result: Bytes successfully delivered the right solution, on time and on budget and continues to maintain the site.
“I wanted to let you know what a pleasure it is to work with you and your team at Bytes. I always rest assured that your team can get the job done and in a timely manner. Honestly, it’s so refreshing and I know our guests are getting the highest care with your team’s support! Thank you!”
– Erica Lopez, Certification Program Manager, The Chopra Center
Contact us today at 888-988-BYTES (2983) to learn more about how our expert business and technology team is your best choice for IT outsourcing.