San Diego County Water Authority (SDCWA)About the Client: The San Diego County Water Authority is a public agency serving the San Diego region as a wholesale supplier of water from the Colorado River and Northern California. Its mission is to provide a safe and reliable supply of water to its 24 member agencies serving the San Diego region. The SDCWA also works with its member agencies to develop local supplies and promote water efficiency.
The Challenge: SDCWA provides a lot of content on its website related to water conservation, new water projects, and other tips and facts for the general public as well as access to its board meeting agenda and minutes. The challenge was that people and employees on the road had no quick way to get to that data.Solution Technology:
- Mobile: Mobile phones on all major platforms
- Back-office: MySQL database, Tomcat server, Java
Bytes’ Approach: Precisely understanding the primary requirements was critical to ensure the client’s goals were met in a seamless manner that led to a simple but intuitive app.
From the first meeting through project completion and beyond, Bytes documented the workflow carefully, created various user interface mock-ups for review, and set the bar for clear and consistent communication through all phases of the project:
- Requirement Gathering: Numerous face-to-face meetings led to a clear definition of the system features, the correct user interface, and a clean and simple navigation. Key strategies were discussed so the app would be consistent on all Android platforms. After review and agreement on the specifications, Bytes was able to quickly move forward to the design phase of the project.
- Design: Bytes discussed the backend integration with the SDCWA team and ensured that proper communication protocols were defined for the apps to communicate with its server. Bytes provided a design recommendation that enabled the implementation phase of the project upon approval.
- Implementation: Bytes’ experienced technology team worked with SDCWA to implement the ultimate solution, which involved various mobile devices interfacing with a backend relational database and a web portal to view and modify various app settings. Senior engineers and expert database programmers worked with the client using an iterative engineering and release model to ensure the solution’s efficiency.
Result: Bytes successfully delivered a simple and intuitive app on iOS, Android and Blackberry devices, on time and on budget.
SDCWA Main News:
SDCWA More Tools:
Contact us today at 888-988-BYTES (2983) to learn more about how our expert business and technology team is your best choice for IT outsourcing.