PIRCHAbout The Client: PIRCH’s goal is to change the way people live, forever. Focusing on people and life’s precious moments, rather than stainless steel and porcelain, it seeks to create inspiration, education, and accountability in its showrooms — where customers can experience full kitchens and bathrooms.
The Challenge: PIRCH had a web portal its floor sales agents were using to view all the appliances. It sought to enhance the customer experience and efficiency for the sales team by providing a smarttablet tool that enabled the visibility of real-time inventory in the store and ability to price customers’ purchase options in realtime. It found Bytes to provide the expertise to get it done.Solution Technology:
- Mobileclient: Android, iOS using Angular
- Back office: Various databases and .NET framework, REST API interface
Bytes’ Approach: PIRCH had prepared a preliminary design of the mobile screens and features needed. Bytes went through a detailed discovery phase with the company to design the application’s mobile platform architecture in conjunction with its team. The key navigation process had to be drafted out properly to ensure sales agents had a pleasant and efficient experience on the tablet. Bytes worked with the PIRCH team to chart the details of the plan using the extremely structured approach described below.
- Requirement Gathering: Bytes’ product managers worked closely with the PIRCH team to establish the project’s business and technical requirements. Since PIRCH already had a core backend platform, the interface process was already well defined. The software requirements specification (SRS) was prepared with input from the PIRCH team. After reviewing the SRS with PIRCH — and securing its agreement to proceed — Bytes was able to begin the design phase of the project.
- Design: Design engineers from Bytes worked with PIRCH to design the proper user experience on the tablet and laptop devices that would meet its business needs. At the same time, Bytes’ architects performed technology feasibility studies to ensure the final design would meet all the requirements outlined in the SRS. The Application Programming Interface (API) protocol was to use REST interface. Bytes provided a design recommendation that enabled the implementation phase of the project upon approval. The use of Angular technology for the user interface allowed the application to work seamlessly on all devices.
- Implementation: Bytes’ experienced technology team worked with PIRCH to implement the ultimate solution, which involved a mobile device interfacing with a backend relational database. Senior engineers and expert database programmers worked with the PIRCH team using an iterative engineering and release model to ensure the solution’s efficiency.
Result: Bytes successfully delivered the right solution, on time and on budget. Additional features were added as per PIRCH’s request to enhance the user experience. Users were now able to get real-time data and engage with customers in a very efficient manner.
“I want to let you know that I’m happy with the progress you and the team have made on iteration 1.55. You have been able to quickly implement a lot of functionality around editing orders and sellable products with no help from me. In addition, I want to compliment whoever was responsible for the change set 7890. It was a complicated change, it was done well, and it didn’t take a long time.Nice work! —Scott Herndon, Director of Technology, PIRCH
Contact Bytes today at 888-988-BYTES (2983) to learn more about how our expert business and technology team is your best choice for IT outsourcing.