Ninthlink, Inc. (GradeA)About the Client: Ninthlink has a unique team that understands that every day the world gets a little more complex, so it becomes more challenging to reach new and existing customers. That is why it never stops creating and developing new strategies and channels for its customers to do more online. Its team consistently participates and connects with business leaders, educators, designers, developers, marketers, communities, and more.
The Challenge: Ninthlink approached us about a tablet project for its client, Grade-A-Sign. The client was looking at developing a restaurant-based localized advertising platform that provides the ability to generate some revenue for the restaurants by selling advertisement spots to other local businesses. The goal was to create a scalable system to roll it out nationwide.Solution Technology:
- Mobile: Android tablets for displaying ads
- Back-office: MySQL database, PHP (developed by Ninthlink)
Bytes’ Approach: Understanding the advertising model and the localized digital concept was the primary foundation to ensure the successful implementation of the project.
From the first meeting through project completion and beyond, Bytes documented the use cases and the overall functionality and set the bar for clear and consistent communication through all phases of the project:
- Requirements Gathering: The Bytes team worked closely with Ninthlink; another technology partner, Perfect Space; and Grade-A to establish the project’s business and technical requirements. Core business processes the solution would need to support platform preferences, and the in-house skills of Ninthlink and its client were factored into the preparation of the software requirements specification (SRS). The primary idea was to use 10” Android tablets to display advertisements and restaurant menus along with local neighborhood advertisements to generate revenue.
- Design: Bytes engineers worked with Ninthlink to design a user experience on a tablet that would be sure to meet its business needs. At the same time, Bytes’ architects performed technology feasibility studies to ensure the final design would meet all the requirements outlined in the SRS. Bytes provided a design recommendation that led to the implementation phase of the project upon approval.
- Implementation: Bytes’ experienced technology team worked with Ninthlink to implement the tablet solution that involved a tablet interfacing in real-time with a backend relational database and an existing web portal to view various reports. Senior engineers and database programmers worked with the client using an iterative engineering and release model to ensure the solution’s efficiency.
Result: Bytes successfully delivered the right solution, on time and on budget. The tablets were deployed initially to 100+ restaurants in the Los Angeles area and later to more venues in the New York area.
“Bytes Inc. has a skilled team of developers that have provided amazing work for our digital agency since 2011. We’ve relied on them to provide many different areas of expertise in both consulting and programming. Their staff is very responsive, professional and knowledgeable in their field, and has always gone above and beyond to deliver projects on time. We’ve been fortunate to partner with them and successfully build 10 different mobile and tablet applications for various industries and needs. All our staff enjoys working with them and we will continue to partner with them in 2015 and beyond!”
– Tracy Reid, Vice President, Ninthlink, Inc.
Frame with Tablet & rotating advertisements:
Contact us today at 888-988-BYTES (2983) to learn more about how our expert business and technology team is your best choice for IT outsourcing.